November 20, 2020
Dear JCC Chicago Friends,
We are sending warm wishes to you and your loved ones for the upcoming holidays and hope you are all taking good care during this time. With Governor Pritzker implementing Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations for Illinois, we are sharing an update to related to programming and operations at the J.
All seven of our Early Childhood Centers will remain open as an essential service for children and families. Marvin Lustbader Health Club members at Bernard Weinger JCC in Northbrook and Bernard Horwich JCC Fitness members may continue to access the center for individual exercise and single lane pool use per Tier 3 guidelines. Additional programming adjustments include:
- JHawks Basketball has been paused until further notice.
- Piano Lessons at Bernard Horwich JCC will continue while Voice Lessons have been paused until further notice.
As we head back into our homes during the shelter at home advisory, please know that additional programming is available on Channel J, including film screenings, book discussions, intergenerational programming and much more. You may also be interested in celebrating Hanukkah with the J during our 8 Nights of Hanukkah program; learn more and register here.
Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our community during this time. While JCC Chicago continues to provide in-person programing and online offerings, we ask for your cooperation and request that you please consider following the Stay at Home advisory guidelines:
- Wash your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wear a mask
- Avoid crowds outside and group gatherings indoors
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from others not in your household
- Postpone holiday travel and stay home
Thank you for being part of our JCC Chicago family—please stay healthy and take good care.
Chair, Board of Directors
President & CEO